Welcome to the Rocky Mountain Entrepreneurial Summit (RMES)
Event Date: Tuesday, February 12th, 2013
9:30AM-10:00AM – Check-in & Coffee
10:00AM-10:10AM - Opening Remarks & Introduction of the Master of Ceremonies
MASTER OF CEREMONIES: Jim Scott, Managing Director of Fortitude MB and Past President of EO Colorado
10:10AM-10:30AM – Keynote: Never Settle, Be Uncomfortable
Description: Goals matter…..big goals matter more.
SPEAKER: Sean Tonner, Founder & President, Phase Line Strategies; President of EO Colorado
10:35AM -11:05AM - Insight into what’s next for Tech Startups
Description: Partnership with large corporations are fueling the next wave of startups
SPEAKER: Daniel Feld, TechStars
11:10AM-11:50AM – Opportunities for Growth Capital outside of Traditional Equity
Description: Renowned investors and advisors will discuss a broad range of topics, including:
- What are lenders and debt investors looking for and what qualifies a business for debt financing?
- What is structured finance, venture debt and mezzanine debt and how can they be used to grow a business;
- What types of companies / situations should consider this type of financing?;
- What are the pros / cons of debt financing?
12:00PM-1:00PM – KEYNOTE – Ken Lund, State of Colorado
Description: Ken Lund is the Executive Director of the State of Colorado’s Office of Economic Development
SPEAKER: Ken Lund, Executive Director of Econimic Development, State of Colorado
1:00PM -2:00PM -LUNCH and NETWORKING
2:05PM-2:40PM – Universities Embrace Entrepreneurism
- How are universities embracing entrepreneurism and how can you benefit as well as give back
- What are the opportunities for entrepreneurs and business owners to work with local universities and their students
Description: What is the Affordable Care Act and what are strategies for reducing the costs and stress to your business.
SPEAKER: Bryan Wright, AIF: CEO at The Wright Group Services
Description: You have grown your business from the ground up. Your great idea has turned into a real company. Suddenly, your job changed. Your success to date has been based on your skills, talents and energy, and you have built an army to tackle the opportunity. Now you have become more dependent on your troops than you ever imagined. This presentation will focus on the key functions every CEO must do to maintain their organizations ability to succeed.
SPEAKER: Andrew Graham, President, Clinic Service
4:00PM – Closing Remarks
4:00PM -6:00PM - The Rocky Mountain Entrepreneurial Summit Cocktail Reception
Join us for cocktails, laughs and more networking.